Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Email and Me

I think I first started using email in 2001 ... Those days Yahoo mail was the only hope ... In that initial day, I created two or three mail ID in my first day itself ... On those days mobile phone was still not there ... Just fill your info ... You got your email id ... Even today , I have been maintaining the Yahoo Mail created 13 years ago ... Thereafter Rediff mail came ... I created an ID .. Never got it back ... I know Rediff was also a decent email provider ...Then there used to be pure Indian Mail system called Indiatimes Mail .. Now it is no more ... RIP ...There was one more email called sify mail ... I just created an ID with Sify Mail , never to use it again ... Ok ok ... I forgot the HOTMAIL ... Hotmail is also a good old email service by Microsoft ... In those days there used to be another email called MSN.com ... I had once created an ID with Hotmail ... I lost the password and the phone number connected with it ... Never to recover it again ... Recently they had introduced live.com and outlook.comas email provider ... I have just created one ID each with them too ... But my permanent friendly email is none other than GMail only ... When GMail was cropping up in 2007 , I initially had my own doubts .,, I doubted how come a search engine could compete with Giants like Yahoo ... to my surprise till date I am a Gmail customer ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Google vie GMail has conquered most of the world. There is also YMail provided by Yahoo which is active in certain countries which do not use GMail by preference. And once again, if we see countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Burma, there it is all MSN and Hotmail which has conquered the markets. Seems like it is another race similar to the one between Coca Cola and Pepsi. Regardless of the system, EMail is a great invention that has made our lives simpler and complicated to some extent. Whichever way seen, I am proud to say that Email was invented by an Indian! :)

SRIDHAR R ( Srirangam ) said...

good facts ....once upon a time i loved Rediff mails too