Friday, November 21, 2014

கல்யாணி எங்கே????



கல்யாணி எங்கே???? When we were all in Fleming we were not that much relaxed …. but paradise was really a paradise ….. there was no difference between the batches …. There used to be no difference between junior and senior ……there used to be CRRI from chronic additional batches too … if I say the truth here , THEY USED TO BE VERY KIND TO US ……. The first beer which was introduced to me/us was Kalyani…. Now I realize it belong to beer of UB Group ……… another one we used to taste was the QUARTER …… quarter used to be a famous word in those days …probably it was 240 ml of whisky … I remember one of my junior used to organize the quarter party …. On the days of “no duty” …we had enjoyed the booze parties in paradise ….. there used to be 5 or 6 members , JOIN IN A ROOM , and enjoy the quarter parties …. The topic of discussion used to be from anything in the world …. A to Z ……….in those days AR Rehman had entered the music industry (1993) … Roja was in which year ???… there used to be hot discussions favoring AR Rehman and those against him…. I USED TO BE THE ILAYARAJA SUPPORTER ALWAYS … even now too… I feel proud on that . there used to be so many special varieties of parties which I don’t want to describe now ………. Next thing I want to share in about Pondicherry ….. I think the first time we went to Pondicherry was in 1990 … we went to Cuddalore to attend my batch mate Dr Sathyarathnam’s marriage in 1990 in cuddalore …(sorry to say he is more now RIP…) … we made a short visit to Pondicherry then which used to look like a different world as such … the heaven …. We were also pleased to find the low charges for the booze ….. is anybody from Pondicherry here … Le Café was my favorite restaurant (right on the beach)....... could find the afternoon lunch with snack and beer … there used to be one more fantastic place called Seagulls restaurant right on the beach …( on the corner) ….. Seagulls restaurant used to offer fantastic beer ( Kalyani too ) ….. With wonderful snack and mains ….. ………..after leaving the college we were forced to forget these things ….. one more point …I could never find Kalyani thereafter … the beer which befriended us long ago …. Even now I could not find Kalyani… can i say RIP .. KALYANI here ....

No comments: